The title says it all. This summer, I have not done much at all. I took this summer off to not do anything but hang out with my family and plan my wedding. I have worked or been in summer school every summer since high school, and I decided that I needed to take time out for myself, because I knew I wouldn't have any other time to do it after I graduate! Plus, I am only taking 11 course hours next semester at Tech, so there is no need for summer school. My "summer job" as my mom and Jeremy like to call it is cleaning the house, doing laundry, and taking care of the three dogs! I got off pretty easy.
Apart from the weekdays, my weekends keep me pretty busy. Every Friday, my mom is off work, so we go on what I call "Wedding planning Fridays". These days mainly consist of running around town to various places looking for vases, invitation supplies, ceremony things, etc. Basically, everything you can think of since we are doing our own flowers/centerpieces. The reason we are choosing to do our own centerpieces is because I don't want a mix of flowers like most brides, I really like the idea of a lot of one flower, and I have shopped around local florists to see how much they charge for one large centerpiece of one flower, and it is ridiculous. So my attitude about it is that my mom and I have the entire summer to shop around for the exact centerpiece I want, at a fraction of the cost, and we can keep it when the wedding is over! I think the idea of having vases and candelabras at my wedding that I will later use to decorate Jer and I's home is great!
Anyways, Jeremy's parents are home from Russia for a couple weeks. In case some readers don't know, Jeremy's parents moved to Moscow, Russia in 2005 because his dad accepted a job for an oil company over there. His dad has been having some medical problems, so they came home for a while. Anyways, i'm glad Jer will get to spend some time with his parents.
UGHH a big thorn in my side however has been my car!! A few weeks ago, my mom and I were out on one of our wedding things, and we needed dog food! So I suggested we go to Target, and she said WalMart! While I was driving down the parking lot, looking for a parking spot (obviously!) a big black tahoe backs into me. So, the eighteen year-old gets out of the tahoe, and says he didn't even see me. He then goes on to ask, "What were you trying to squeeze by me or something?" I said, "No, I was laying on my horn because you were backing out so quickly, I didn't even have a chance to back up!" Long story short, it is not even his car and he blames the entire thing on me!!! So, it has now been two weeks, and my poor Volvo is sitting in the driveway with duct tape (bring pink I might add) holding up the right part of my bumper. Since it wasn't his car, the owner of the vehicle decided to pay for my damages with his insurance company. So today, I find out, we won't be able to get my car fixed until the 21st, because the Volvo dealership is booked until then. Needless to say, I hate Walmart, and I am never shopping there again. Well, until I am on a budget again in Lubbock and need groceries.
On a happier note, I am currently obsessed with watching re-runs of Jon and Kate Plus 8. This is seriously my new obsession. (Until the new Big Brother) Jeremy watches it with me sometimes because he thinks Jon and his attitude towards everything is hilarious! We joke how we want Korean kids now because they are sooo darn cute.
Our July 4th wasn't very eventful, my family and I cooked out and then Jeremy and I went to Pecan Grove to watch fireworks on the golf course. This year however, we dressed Lola up and took her to see fireworks!! My mom got her this red, white, and blue cut off tee shirt from Kohls. She looks very much like a "hick" in it. Perfect for a bloodhound.
The other pictures are of the dogs swimming and Christy (one of my bridesmaids) in the color of the bridesmaid dresses I want. This isn't the style, but this is the only champagne chiffon dress that they had in the store. Also, Jeremy took me on a surprise date to the Sam Houston Racetrack. It was sooo much fun, and I recommend it for a good date night or family outing! Well, that's all for now! I hope everyone has had a great week and has an even better weekend.





P.S.- Does anyone know how to label pictures?? I have tried, but they never stay center. Thanks!
1 comments:
your poor poor carro. i had SUCH a good time at dinner. thanks so much for completely understanding me. i love you a lot a lot. :)
i love the way the color of the dress looks on christy - def shabby chic and with the candles - its going to be so beautiful.
oh and i alsywa just write above the picture and then highlght it and center the font.
Post a Comment