Monday, June 23, 2008

I Said Yes to the Dress.....

It's true! I cannot believe I have already found my wedding dress. The dress I will become Jeremy's wife in and the dress that my children's children will see me in pictures in!! I can't of course post pictures of it, but it is so gorgeous.


I went dress shopping early Saturday morning at "Weddings by Debbie" with my mom, my granny, Ivy, Ivy's mother, Christy and my mom's best friend Lynn. I met my "wedding helper" Heather, who took me around the store and showed me the hundreds of dresses there were to offer. The dress that we all finally agreed on was the second one I tried on. I wish I could wear it every single day!!


Anyways, another big task we accomplished this weekend for the wedding was the invitations. The picture of the invitations I put on the last post were the ones we decided on. We are doing the invitations ourself because 1. we are on a budget and 2. there is nothing I have seen that I am absolutely in love with. These are Martha Stewart and I love them.


The other thing that we accomplished this weekend were our engagement pictures. My mom shot the pictures in a park in my neighborhood called "Pecan Park" that I grew up playing in, so it is very sentimental to us. I have been finding that out a lot lately about myself and Jeremy, we are more about the sentimentality of our wedding more than anything else. What I mean is if we are having a hard time deciding on something, we always pick what has a special meaning behind it. Like, the place of the wedding is 15 minutes away from where we grew up, my rehearsal dinner is somewhere that I have been going since I was born, and our cake topper is the cake topper my parents had on the top of their wedding cake.


So, here are the engagement pictures we decided on! Please let me know which ones you like.





And thank you to my mom, Ivy and Christy for all of your help with everything wedding!!!




2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love love love the second picture and love love love the fourth picture! So very cute...and your pup poses so nicely!! Congrats on finding your dress!!! I too got my dress way early (and from Weddings by Debbie, that place is awesome!)...but when you know, you know right??!! How excited you must be getting fun wedding stuff done!! :o)

Tricia Keierleber said...

I actually did think of that... Sydney Eris, or Zoey Eris, (PapaZOglou) but I fell in love with Eris. Sydney and Zoey are still in the back of my mind. :)