Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Think i'm Turning Japanese....

So, Jer and I were in the car the other day, on our way to meet with our wedding photographer, and he told me he heard on the radio this morning that the song "I Think i'm Turning Japanese" is actually about a man who is masturbating. Just an interesting little tidbit to think of next time you listen to the song. (Sorry if you have virgin ears)

Anyways, sorry I have been MIA in the blog world, I haven't really been busy, I just haven't taken a lot of pictures, and in my opinion, posts are a little boring without any scenery.

Let me start with the San Antonio weekend. We had SO much fun!! It was exactly what I needed. I went from seeing Morgan and Christy almost every day in Lubbock, to barely talking to them because they have both been so busy in the "real world". Jer and I drove down there on Friday and stayed with Christy and her family. On Saturday, me, Christy, Morgan, and Jer all went to New Braunfels to visit Schlitterbahn. We didn't really ride the big slides or rides or anything because the lines were an average wait of 3 1/2 hours!!! No joke!! So, we basically went to the different water parks and tested out each and every lazy river we could find. It was a fun, relaxing day in the sun. The next day, we all went to see "Step Brother" which was pretty funny, not hilarious like Will Ferrel's other movies, but it was definitely one I wouldn't mind seeing again!

So, an update on wedding stuff, we sent out all the Save The Date's, we have booked the videographer, photographer, and officiant!!! I am sooo excited about all of these people!! I have also ordered my wedding shoes online. I know you might be thinking "hmm, that's kind of early!" I know, I thought that myself, but my wedding shoes are a little different than the normal wedding shoes. If you saw the SATC movie, I found inspiration from Carrie's wedding shoes. They should be delivered today and I am beyond excited. I will post pictures when I try them on and make sure they are the ones.

Well, nothing much more going on. This week, one of my cousin's is in town with his 4 year old, Hannah, so we are trying to find things around Houston for us to bring her to. She is a wild child and so adorable. My sister and brother-in-law came in town along with Blake, my brother, this weekend, and we of course had to eat at Lopez! If you live in Houston and have never been there, I reccomend you go! NOW! I was originally going to have my rehearsal dinner there, but they unfortunately do not do private parties there anymore!! ARGHHH.

Sorry, got off topic, but Hannah will be my flower girl! We asked her if she wanted to throw flowers at Jer and I's wedding and she was excited! I guess as excited as a four-year-old can be about getting dressed up and throwing flowers.

I am not posting the names of anyone I have hired for my wedding because there is a certain someone that I hired to do my wedding, and we unfortunately parted ways, and this person is a little, how should I say, vindictive? I really don't want to make it private, but I will probably end up going private, but for now, if you want to know anyone i'm using, feel free to ask, I will gladly tell you!!


P.S.- Recent movies that I have seen that I reccomend are "Pineapple Express" and "21". I am getting "Nim's Island" in the mail today, so I will tell you how that is. Only 6 more days until DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here are some recent pics:


Jer and I at the Bridal Extravaganza

Jer in front of the Rolls Royce we want to rent


The newlyweds, Landon and Emily, and Rob and Rob!!!



Out with the gang.


Christy and I in front of The Palladium in San Antonio

4 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

next time i watch romi and michelle it will not be the same... masterbating, really? ewww thats funny

have fun in disney for me :(
no really do have fun! :)

Lindsay said...

Who are you hiring that you're already having to get rid of?!? Someone I need to be telling my brides about?! Shoot me an e-mail with the juicy details :o)

By the way...I L.O.V.E your dress in that last picture. Very cute!!

Ivy said...

the orange dress looks so hot on you. i love it. you should let me borrow it :)

thanks for coming out tonight! i love you!

and who is being vindictive? as the moh i will do my duty and kick him/her. :)

and yay for paul! :) and the shoes are perfect!

Ivy said...

hi. you need to update. thanks!