Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Time Again.

Is it Christmas yet?? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas, but I hate the crowds. Especially the last-minute crowds. And if I see another car with antlers and a big red nose on it, I just may be forced to rear-end it. Not my fault. I thought Christmas decor didn't get any tackier than wreaths on the front of a who-really-needs-that-big-of-a-car Tahoe, but I was wrong.

In more jolly news, Jer's Christmas party was a success!! It was Bollywood themed, but Jer and I decided not to dress up. Truthfully, because I had already planned my outfit before we found out there was a theme! Oh well. My parents had a free night's hotel stay, so they graciously gave it to us. So, we enjoyed ourselves at the party and got a free night's stay in a wonderful hotel!



Funny story, we were running late because we decided to nap before we left for the party. We were in a rush packing our overnight suitcase, so Jer was (as usual) telling me to hurry up. While we were in the car on our way to the hotel, I looked at him and said, 'I forgot my f****** pants." Sure enough, he popped our suitcase open in the 40 degree weather on the top floor of the parking lot and no pants! I was not happy. Thank God I brought my sweatpants to sleep in, or I would have been taking a walk of shame in the galleria.

The day before Jer's party it snowed in Houston! Jer was off that Friday and we had the best day Christmas shopping, lunching and sipping Starbucks.




Another funny story, we were in Garden Ridge and I was looking at wrapping paper when I knocked over two way over-stuffed boxes. Instead of Jeremy helping me, he laughed, pointed and got out his phone to take a picture. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if he had done it.

Our next shindig was dinner for Ivy's birthday!! We met Ivy, Troy (her hubby) and her parents at Escalante's. We had a great meal and a great time! We also got to see The Ruth's new apartment. So cute and decorated for Christmas.





Well, Lola is farting, clothes are ready in the dryer, and I need to start dinner. I think that's my queue to get up. Only 8 days until Christmas!! AND 2 days until I get to snuggle my nephew.

XOXO Haley

3 comments:

Ivy said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy christmasssssssss! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy brock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yay lola farrrrrrrrrrrrrting!
im gonna have a farty puppy too!!!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous blue flower! You are so rockin' it!

Lauren said...

Love that headband and love the crazy snow in Texas! Christmas is my favorite time of year too- minus the zillions of people. So this year I did what I had to... moved out of the bustling city to a beachy college town. Ha!