Sunday, February 15, 2009

Home Shopping is Where My Heart is.......

My favorite new thing to do is shop for our new house!!! It is so much fun. Today, as we do most Sunday's, Jer and I went through the Sunday paper, while eating breakfast with my parents, to look for good deals on stuff for the house. Today, we found our TV stand for the living room at one of the most amazing stores ever; Cost Plus World Market. This store is amazing! I go about once a week and every time, I find something new. I also got a couple vases and decorative hooks for the bathroom.

We then went on to Lowe's and got all of our paint. Did I mention we get the keys to the house on Thursday???


Here are some inspiration pictures for how we are decorating our house. I am going for a Pottery Barn meets Martha Stewart with a little Texas mixed in. Does that make sense?




This Valentine's Day was very chill and laid back. We slept in and I unfortunately woke up with a sore throat. I am told this is a down fall of working with kids. So, after chilling on the couch and watching TV, we got ready and went to Blakely's first birthday party! Blakely is Jer's parents neighbors who live across the street and who Jer and I have become good friends with. The party was Valentine's themed (of course) and the 1-year-old birthday girl was dressed like a lady bug!! Erin (her mom) said she was a "Love bug" and she was precious. After the party, we had reservations at Maggiano's and had a nice, romantic dinner for two.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, we got so excited to exchange presents that we actually gave them to each other the night before. We were supposed to have a monetary limit this year, but Jeremy went over on his. I got him a book about Cabo and he got me rodeo tickets to see Darius Rucker and a gift certificate to get a mani/pedi. So sweet. Also, some of the prettiest flowers ever.

Also, I am counting down for my "date" bridal shower!! So many exciting things coming up and of course I get sick. Oh well, this time in my life is way too exciting to slow down, so i'll have to just muscle through it. Christy and Morgan come in on Friday. I haven't seen these gals since my birthday, so it will definitely be a good time.



XOXO

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Oh haha yes I definately misunderstood! Sorry about that! Ok im so excited for Saturday! I think I thought if a super fun date!... You'll just have to wait and see!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, your weekend sounds EXACTLY like mine! I spent my morning today at Crate and Barrel and Macy's... let me just tell you, the registry "completion" coupons you get are FANTASTIC!

Don't you feel old when shopping for sheets and vases is more exciting than shopping for shoes and purses?!?!?!