Thursday, June 18, 2009

50 Nifty!

This is my 50th post...so that means I need to update my blog design and name!! Now that I am married, I want it to be a Sturgeon Family blog. Even thought I know Jeremy would cut off his left arm (or other appendage) before writing on here.

Anyway, I need help! I want a new blog design, something cute (der!) I am thinking something gray,turquoise and red? Those are the colors of my house, so I think it would be fitting. Can anyone help?

Write now, just enjoying married life, we are definitely still in our honeymoon phase.
Speaking of honeymoons, Hawaii was AMAZING. This was what our day was like; wake up, eat breakfast, lay by the pool, drink cocktails, eat lunch, nap, wake up, get ready, eat dinner, retire to our room for the evening. To some people this may seem awful, but to us, it was exactly what we needed after the whirlwind of the wedding.

Speaking of weddings, this was also everything I dreamed of and more. I always watch those wedding shows and in the end, they ask the bride and groom if it was everything they hoped for. Their response is always the same, "It was so much more. Everything was perfect." I was so afraid that I would be the ONLY bride to think, "it was alright"." But, of course I was wrong. My bridesmaids were right there beside me every step of the way, they were AMAZING.
The only hiccup in the entire day was my hair and makeup. My sister said it best when she said, "I feel like a tranny." Although she looked gorgeous, I definitely felt a little tranny-ish. But, like I said, my bridesmaids helped me to make me look more natural and more like myself.

So, only a few professional pictures, I emailed my photographer and he said it would take a little while because they took 3000 pictures!! Holy moly, I hate waiting, but I know it will be worth it.



My family (My mom, Dad, brother and hubby) are going out of town this weekend to Fredericksburg. It is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary and Father's day! We are staying at a little bed and breakfast, can't wait.





XOXO

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That "tranny" comment made me burst out laughing! After looking at the "portfolio" our spa had for makeup, I was dead set on just doing it myself! Sure, Vogue cover shoots and Nelly Furtado's album cover (in the portfolio) look awesome with the crazy MAC colors, but not on my wedding day!!!

Your hair looked awesome, and from the pictures I've seen, there wasn't a tranny in sight.

Ivy said...

you looked beautiful on your wedding day! we had ya covered fo SHO.

i will try to make you a header soon... im not too good though. obviously.

love you lover.