Happy Tuesday! This past weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday with a Sunday lunch at 'The Spaghetti Warehouse'. I remember going to this place when I was little, but I did not remember how yummy it was! If you are a Houstonian, you must go. After lunch, we went back to my parent's house and opened presents and ate cake. German chocolate to be exact. No pictures, totally brain farted and forgot my camera.

My mom works part time, so we decided to have a girls shopping day on Monday! My mom and I love to find bargains when we shop and we rarely buy anything that isn't on sale or that we don't have a coupon for. So we hit up our regulars, Kohl's, Macy's, Old Navy..... it's to embarassing to list how many places we actually went. Shopping was definitely a success! Although, I did notice that winter weather shopping is not nearly as fun when the place you're living doesn't actually have a winter.
When I shopped for my fall/winter wardrobe while living in Lubbock, I would stock up on chunky sweaters. But now I have to remember that in Houston winters you rarely need a heavy coat. Bummer.
On to my purchases. This season, I find myself being drawn to lots of gray! Love the color, goes with anything, and always looks good. First, I found this great gray tunic from Kohls:
I will wear this with black leggings and these fabulous black boots I will get to in a minute....
Next, this cute ruffle open sweater. Perfect for layering!
Both of the gray tops at Kohl's were buy one, get anything from that brand for the same price, for FREE!! Amazing.
Next, I got a great plaid tunic from Macy's, but I can't find a picture of it. Best of all, it was originally $60 on sale for $14! Love it. I have already planned on wearing it for our Christmas photos.
I went into Old Navy to check out the sweater dresses I have been dreaming about, but they didn't have them!! What the? But, they did have a very cute corduroy dress that I can't wait to wear my camel colored Banana Republic boots with.
Now, to those boots I was talking about. I don't technically know if I have gotten these yet, but I did send my mom many reminder emails that they were at the top of my birthday list. No, I don't make a list for my birthday, but there is usually one must have I send to my mom for my birthday. I asked for them in black, but the online picture is in gray.
What girl doesn't need a pair of black over-the-knee boots? Plus, Victoria's Secret has an offer code for 20 % off of all boots until Thursday.
I am a huge fan of Rachel Zoe and her Bravo show! I follow hero on Twitter and noticed the other night that she was going to be on QVC selling her new line of clothes/accessories. I fell in LOVE with her eternity scarf. It is a fairly new concept and is exactly what it sounds like, a scarf with no end. Well, it sold out immediately. She is coming back on QVC in October (10th to be exact-my birthday!) So I am hoping it comes back then. Here it is not layered:
And layered (my fave):
I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I am looking forward to tomorrow... I get to hang out with my favorite little chubby boy, my good friend Taylor's son Grayson.
XOXO







5 comments:
Spaghetti Warehouse is my FAVORITE!!!!!
I hope you get the boots for your birthday! So perfect for fall!
I've been looking for one of those infinity scarves. I think they are awesome and definitely need to add one to my fall wardrobe! Surely Kyle will agree :)
I thoroughly enjoyed this post...and need to kick myself in the booty and get to some winter shopping. I must have that open ruffled tunic from Kohl's!
i have been scrounging around for a good deal on over-the-knee boots. those are definitely a MUST HAVE. i will definitely be checking out VS...
and thanks for the world market recommendation...there IS one nearby. i don't know how i forgot about it, pretty much all our stuff is from there! and i LOVE that rug. love.
Great finds! I always forget about Kohls and there's one right down the street from me!
Loving that eternity scarf. I might have to log on too!
Post a Comment