Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009.

What an amazing day in history. Although I know I don't share the same political views as many of you, heck, I don't even share the same political views as my fiance and my sister! I am so very hopeful and excited for what our president will do.


Anyways, on a less serious note, my mom and I were out last week on our usual Monday outing. Every Monday my mom doesn't work, so we always go shopping. The past year, of course, we have used these Mondays for wedding shopping. Whether it is picking up the favors, the invitations, or something cute for my new house! (Don't actually HAVE the house yet, but I already know how I want it decorated) Well, while we were out, I found the CUTEST cake stand!! I have already registered for 3 cake stands (they are all different sizes so I NEED them) but nonetheless I had to have this one. Besides, it was $7.00! You can't beat that! I also found a cute "egg holder" at least, that's what I call it. It's a plate with holes in it where I guess you put deviled eggs? Who knows, it matched the cake stand and it was $4.00. For some reason, after Jer and I registered, I have become obsessed with finding cute serve-ware.




I didn't take these pictures, I found them on the inter-web. Have I mentioned I have the most amazing bridesmaids?? On top of a bachelorette/lingerie party and a couples shower, my bridesmaids decided I needed one more celebration just for me and my friends in Houston! They are doing all of the planning, and not letting me in on any of it! Which I would never admit this to Jer, but I love not having control of things and putting faith in the people I love and trust! I wouldn't tell that to Jer because he would take it and run with it. Of course I have faith in Jeremy, but when he plans a surprise for me he never tells me what I should wear, and I am the kind of girl that plans for weeks what I will wear to something!!

Jeremy has been working so hard lately at his job, finishing projects early and staying late to work on extra things. On top of that he is also taking complete care of the rehearsal dinner and talking to our mortgage broker and real estate agent. I am blissfully ignorant about mortgages and all of that hoopla, but he tells me all the time that I need to know how everything works. This is becoming a long post and there is still more I want to write about, but I will save it for another day!!

XOXO

3 comments:

Ivy said...

oh my gosh! the cake holder and "egg holder" are so cute! they are going to match your kitchen perfectly!

i love you!

chrisyt morgan and i have some cute things up our sleeves for you!

Lauren said...

I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your comment on my post! So cute!

I LOVED the cake stand and deviled egg holder- so adorable with the polka dots!

The Inauguration was insane... it was amazing sitting there with 2,000,000 people who all believe the same thing; that change is coming to America and it's exactly what we need right now. Hearing it live while sitting on the National Mall staring at the monuments was pretty much the coolest thing ever and I am SO glad that Kiel shares the same view and enthusiasm as I do- I know how lucky I am!

the tichenor family said...

I want that cake stand and "egg holder" -- where did you find such cute deals?!

congrats on the "maybe" house.