Monday, November 2, 2009

Coming Soon.....

I have jumped on the bandwagon and I am going to try and post every day this month! Some days, I am sure I will just post a picture or a few sentences. This post is all about movies coming out in theaters that I am oh so excited about!! First up, Disney's A Christmas Carol. I remember going to see this play in Middle School, so I am excited to see it come to life 'Disney-style'. If you know me, I love everything Disney. Specifically Disney World, but when I can't be at 'The Happiest Place on Earth' I supplement with Disney movies.


Another movie I am excited about this winter season is another Disney movie, The Princess and The Frog. It is a throwback to the Disney movies my generation grew up with, in that it is a cartoon and is based around a Princess. Can't wait!

The next movie I am excited for is a good old chick-flick starring my favorite actress, Sarah Jessica Parker. I will see anything SJP is in, no matter the reviews. I first fell in love with her in my all time favorite movie, 'Hocus Pocus' then of course fell back in love with her in 'Sex and The City'. My friends and I were talking about what we think the 2nd SATC will be about, and it was then that I realized I know way too much about this show. I even know the name of Miranda's sister... I bet that's good for something?
The movie, 'Have You Heard About The Morgan's?' stars SJP and Hugh Grant and is about them witnessing a murder and having to be relocated in the witness protection program... I have become quite cynical when it comes to 'chick flicks' but sometimes it's just what a girl needs.


Next up, something the hubs and I both can enjoy, 'Sherlock Holmes'. This is starring my all time favorite actor, Robert Downey Jr. (who used to date SJP- I like to keep it in the family) I am secretly hoping a bloodhound will pop up in this blockbuster, but we shall see. I fell in lovr with RDJ in a movie called 'Chances Are'. If you haven't seen it.... RUN to your nearest video rental store and get it. So good.



A movie that I haven't heard much about, but I randomly came across while on Youtube is a movie called 'Brothers' which stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Natalie Portman and Tobey Maguire. In the movie, Tobey is a Marine fighting in Iraq and is married to Natalie. Tobey is in a helicopter crash and is presumed dead. Jake is Tobey's brother who later falls in love with his 'deceased' brother's wife. Then, Tobey is found alive and comes back home. Can you say DA-RAMA?


Lastly, a movie which I am a little skeptical about, but I will go see anyways is 'It's Complicated'. Not really sure what it's about, but it has Meryl Streep and Steve Martin in it, so how bad can it be?


What are some movies you are excited about this Holiday season?


XOXO Haley

2 comments:

the clark family. said...

I'm SO excited about Disney's holiday offerings. The Princess and the Frog reminds me so much of The Little Mermaid/Aladdin era from our childhood. So excited to share this with my little one.
And Sherlock Holmes? YUM! I'm so excited about this film- something I can totally talk the hubby into. And, I must admit, I'm like you and hoping for a little Bloodhound screen time! (I've also secretly always wanted to be a she-Sherlock with my bloodhound for Halloween).

Ivy said...

good picks!