Sunday, November 29, 2009

Change of Plans and Christmas Decorations

Sooo... remember my last post when I said we would be heading up to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family?? Not so much. I woke up Wednesday feeling awful!! I spent last weekend at my parents while Jer was at a bachelor party and caught a cold from my mom. We decided not to risk giving the cold to Brock, so we stayed here for Thanksgiving. It was still fun of course, but The Bird's (my sister and brother-in-law) and Brock were very missed. Here are a few pictures from our first Thanksgiving as The Sturgeons.



When we got home from my parents, I was itching to put up our very first Christmas tree! My parents said they were just going to get rid of their (fake) Christmas tree, and we were planning on buying one, so we decided to take it off their hands for them! So we decorated our tree and the inside of the house that night. Then we woke up the next morning on 'Black Friday' and decorated the outside of our house.







Friday night, we went out to dinner with Jeremy's brother. He was in town this weekend (from Dallas) for Thanksgiving.

I didn't do any shopping this weekend because a. There's nothing we need that I would fight crazy crowds for b. Jer woke up sick with the dreaded cold that has been pass around on Saturday morning. So our weekend consisted of watching Texas Tech kick some Baylor booty on Saturday followed by 'Four Christmases' and chinese food. We had to miss Ivy's hubby's surprise birthday party at their new apartment and we were bummed! But Jer didn't feel well, and was highly contagious.

Today was no different, we met Jer's brother again for lunch before he left town and watched the Texans and 'The Santa Clause'.

I have ANOTHER interview tomorrow, wish me luck!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend.


XOXO Haley

4 comments:

Kerbi said...

Hope y'all are feeling better! Love your Christmas decorations! Praying for your interview!

Tricia Keierleber said...

We had similar Thanksgivings... we were supposed to go to Dallas, but Paul got sick so we stayed home. :)

Good luck on the interview!

Lauren said...

So sorry you couldn't get a big serving of Broccoli to go with your turkey day, but it's better to be safe than sorry with little ones :(

Your decorations are so adorable... want to fly out to California and decorate for me after we move in on the twentieth? :)

Unknown said...

Love your blog Christmas background! And your decorations look fabulous!!