Sunday, November 1, 2009

We Did The Monster Mash

This past weekend my girlfriends came in town and we celebrated Halloween! My weekend started Friday afternoon with a good old cut and color. I haven't had my hair cut or highlighted (word?) since May, so it was definitely time. Friday evening, Christy and Morgan came in town and we caught up and carved pumpkins.



Saturday morning we woke up bright and early for some shopping! I was on a mission to find a dress for Jeremy's work Christmas party. I think I found a winner, but they didn't have the color I wanted in the store, so I ordered it online. We shall see...

I also found some cute winter stuff which I can't find pictures of online..

Saturday evening we got dressed up in our costumes, passed out candy, watched Halloween movies and drank wine... I also made yummy taco soup for dinner, which was a big hit. For the recipe, I just googled 'Paula Deen Taco Soup Recipe', left out the olives and voila!





I have a weird little quirk where I cannot have off-season decorations around or watch off-season movies, even if it is a day after the Holiday. So, after our coffee and Sunday paper, I switched out the Halloween decorations for our Thanksgiving or Autumn ones.

Our Entry Table



A close-up of my arrangement


The Mantel


I also start my Thanksgiving by watching my all time favorite Thanksgiving movie, 'Home For The Holidays'. So funny, if you have a dry sense of humor, you would probably love it!



What are some of your favorite Holiday movies?? In honor of my 80th post I am doing a giveaway... stay tuned.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween and has a great week.


XOXO Haley

1 comments:

Kendall - The Odd Duck said...

Taco soup? A new Paula Deen recipe? Something to most definitely add to my to-do list.

I don't actually have any favourite Thanksgiving movies unless you count the Charlie Brown special.

Halloween and Christmas are different matters entirely.